Membership is open to unionized companies engaged in the industrial, commercial and institutional sectors in the construction industry in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Currently, the CLRA NL has over 70 participating members, who work in the commercial and industrial sectors of the construction industry in Newfoundland and Labrador.
There is no membership fee over and above the per person hour worked contribution to the CLRA NL as required by the respective Collective Labour Agreements.
The CLRA NL is committed to providing assistance and value to members and representative companies, to ensure that our members are in a competitive position to acquire maximum work, and to ensure that Newfoundland and Labrador is viewed favorably as a good place to do business.
CLRA NL members are eligible for election to the Association’s governing bodies including the Board of Directors, Executive, and trade sectors providing them with the opportunity to participate in industry negotiations; training courses are offered to CLRA NL members to help build on and enhance skill development, industry knowledge and expertise; the CLRA NL works with educational organizations and associations to offer our members access to industry-specific training opportunities such as industry recognized Gold Seal certified courses; courses are identified based on member recommendations to help meet training needs.
Our affiliation with the National Construction Labour Relations Association (NCLRA) and with other Provincial CLRA NL Associations keeps us active within the national industry, creates opportunity to learn about developing construction trends and allows opportunity to consult with our provincial colleagues.
• Collaborative initiatives with Unions, other employers' organizations;
• Represent and support members by interacting with industry;
associations and stakeholders;
• Participate in decision making as a member of the Board of Directors;
• Opportunity to consult with experienced industry professionals;
• Affiliation with National CLRA;
• Participate in Collective Agreement Negotiations;
• Complimentary access to CLRA NL training classroom and meeting rooms;
• Access to use of a private office for out of town members;
• Member driven education and training courses;
• Access to CLRA NL subsidized education and training courses;
• CLRA NL Newsletter;
How to Join
How to Join: Membership is open to employer firms engaged in the unionized industrial, commercial and institutional sectors in the construction industry of Newfoundland and Labrador
There is no membership fee to join.